PINE-STRAWBERRY WATER IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
The Pine-Strawberry Water Improvement District is seeking candidates to serve on the Board of Directors for a four (4) year term beginning January 1, 2023.
Our mission is to secure a reliable and adequate water supply for the communities of Pine and Strawberry, AZ.
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the Board is responsible for
- Determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- Selecting and evaluating the performance of the Managers
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Approving and monitoring the organizations programs and services
- Enhancing the organizations public image
- Assessing is own performance as the governing body of the organization
Each Individual Board member is expected to
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, rules & regulations and needs
- Faithfully read and understand the organizations financial statements
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in Board meetings
- Participate fully in one or more committees
- Follow the organization’s bylaws, policies and Board resolutions
- Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization
- Sign an annual notice regarding the understanding of the Rules & Regulation of the District
If you would like to be considered for the open position, please stop by our office at 6306 W Hardscrabble Mesa Rd, Pine Az to pick up an application.