Pine-Strawberry Water Improvement District (“PSWID”)
Community Relations Committee Meeting
Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. Online and at the
Pine-Strawberry Water Improvement District Administration Building
6306 W. Hardscrabble Mesa Rd., Pine, Arizona 85544
- CALL TO ORDER
- Victor Tayao called the meeting to order at 430PM.
- Victor Tayao announced that Beth Pierson has resigned her membership from the committee and that there is an open position on the committee. Victor Tayao also announced that other members from the community who may have expressed interested before will be contacted, as well as, an announcement sent to the community.
- ROLL CALL OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS / DECLARATION OF QUORUM
- Conducted by Victor Tayao. Committee members present via Google Meet: Milo Lebaron, Rebecca Hidalgo-Rains, Larry Swanson, Casey Moyers, and Cory Ellsworth. A quorum was present. Steve Wene, the district’s attorney was also present via Google Meet.
Discussion and Possible Recommendations on the following matters:
- DISCUSS THE FAQ FOR GETTING SERVICE AS PART OF THE MODIFICATION TO THE MORATORIUM.
- A draft FAQ was distributed to the committee by Victor Tayao. The FAQ was discussed, and edits were proposed and accepted. The final FAQ will be sent out to Cory Ellsworth for approval when the date of the announcement to distribute 5 water meters per month is finalized with Steve Bowen, Operations Manager.
- DISCUSS COMMUNICATION TO THE COMMUNITY ON THE NEW SV3 DEEP WELL (4889 N RIM VIEW LOOP).
- A draft FAQ was distributed to the committee by Victor Tayao. Steve Wene expressed concerns about the distribution of an FAQ due to pending litigation. Members of the committee expressed the need to communicate the FAQ to the community as soon as possible. Further discussion on the FAQ was tabled until Steve Wene has completed a review of the draft FAQ. Cory Ellsworth can approve the FAQ for posting.
- IDENTIFY POTENTIAL AGENDA ITEMS AND DATE FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED COMMUNITY RELATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING.
- No agenda items other than continuing discussion of the FAQ, if needed, on the new SV3 deep well (4889 N Rim View Loop) was identified.
- MOTION TO ADJOURN
- Rebecca Hidalgo-Rains motioned for the meeting to be adjourned. Milo Lebaron seconded the motion, and the motion was carried unanimously.