PINE-STRAWBERRY WATER IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
Thursday, April 20, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
PSWID Administrative Office
6306 W Hardscrabble Rd.
Pine, AZ 85544
- CALL TO ORDER
- Cory Ellsworth called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Led by Cory Ellsworth
- Offered by Larry Bagshaw
- ROLL CALL OF BOARD MEMBERS
- Conducted by Cory Ellsworth:
- Board members present:
- Cory Ellsworth, Larry Bagshaw, Sharon Hillman, George Gorkowski, Steve Bowen, and Roger Childers.
- Victor Tayao was present via Go to Meeting.
- A quorum was present.
- Paul Hendricks, EUSI, was also present. and
- Steve Wene, our attorney, was present via Go to Meeting.
- COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC
- Rodney Ohmart was asking for an update on whether PSWID was going to pay Strawberry Hollow HOA fees and for the gravel that they put down by the PSWID well.
- Kasey Moyers asked about where and when the notice of meetings was posted and how new board members are selected. He suggested email blasts.
- DISCUSSION ABOUT TIMELINE TO MODIFY THE MORATORIUM
- George Gorkowski/Steve Bowen.
- George had graphs that he presented that showed the current water supply and demand with the first one adding a line showing the impact of adding 5 meters a month for the next year and the second one showing the impact of adding 3 meters a month for the next year. With the replacement of water lines, the addition of the deep well, and rehabilitation of current wells, the water supply should improve. But the water supply and the effect of adding the new meters should be monitored. The board will develop a plan to move forward.
- DISCUSSION ABOUT COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Victor Tayao.
- Victor is looking for ways for the board to have a meaningful relationship with the community it serves. We will be looking at adding the blue comment card to the website, so it can be accessed before meetings. We are also looking at putting FAQs on the website.
- Thomas Reski presented an organizational chart calling for a General Manager and an HR Manager for the district.
- Steve Wene, the district attorney, has categorized community concerns into 16 areas and will have those ready for the board in 60 days.
- The board was then able to answer the questions Mr. Moyers asked earlier.
- Roger Childers moved that the meeting be adjourned.
- Sharon Hillman seconded the motion.
- The motion carried unanimously.